Are you a Production Manager looking for a new leadership opportunity to work with an amazing company? Would you like to work with a local leader in the motorcycle industry? Well, TOL Designs would like to introduce you to the innovative minds within the fiberglass industry.
As TOL Designs production / operations manager, you'll be involved with the planning, coordination and control of our manufacturing processes. You'll make sure TOL Designs parts and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective.
- Decide what resources are required.
- Draft a timescale for the job.
- Estimate costs and adhere to TOL Designs quality standards.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes.
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers.
- Review worker performance.
- Identify training needs.
- You'll be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people management.
- You will also be involved with product design.
- Proven ability to construct fiberglass molds and produce high quality fiberglass products.
- Proven experience as production director.
- Deep knowledge of production management.
- Understanding of quality standards & safety regulations.
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts.
- Outstanding communication ability.
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
Starting salaries within a trainee role may be around $33,000.
Income figures will depend on experience.
You can expect to work around 40 hours per week. The role may involve shift work and unsocial hours to make sure there's cover throughout the production process. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or to introduce new systems. You could be on call at weekends or public holidays to deal with problems.
The manufacturing production environment will include extreme cold and heat, working near moving mechanical equipment such as forklifts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the forming area.
*If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume/application for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.